Happy Friday, everybody! We thought we’d mix it up this week—instead of going all editorial on you, we’ll tell you a little bit about our amazing town: Bloomington, Indiana. After all, living in a small town with a strong focus on the local economy is important to us!
- We have two Tibetan temples, including a Tibetan cultural center.
- We are famous for a bicycle race, the Little 500, which is featured in the movie Breaking Away.
- We have a cookie bakery that delivers.
- There is a very useful switchboard of local small businesses that is a resource for everyone in town.
- Every year, we host the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival.
- We have a nonprofit organization with the sole purpose of supporting locally owned, independent businesses.
- Did I mention the lake yet?
- We have a long walking and bike trail, the B-line, which crosses nearly the entire town.
- Our range of cuisine is frankly amazing—from Afghani to Burmese to Vegan to Turkish, we have it all.
- We have an award-winning farmers market.
- Thanks to Indiana University, we have amazing concerts, operas, and ballets.
Want to move here yet?